Monday, June 05, 2006

Dick n Dom must die.

For those of us lucky enough to have not heard of them, Dick and Dom are a British, children’s entertainment double act, most famous for an insipid piece of shit show named ‘Dick n Dom in Da Bungalow’ [or something similar to that], and beyond that, they are famous or perhaps infamous for their, ‘hilarious’ prank of going into places such as opera halls and libraries [and shopping precincts as well] and attempting to get people to scream out at the top of their lungs, the word bogies. Now I may admit that it is mildly amusing on a conceptual level, if a bit unimaginative, the point being that one goes into a place where one is not meant to make any noise at all, and not only do you shout, but you shout out a vaguely rude word. So yes I understand the concept, and I understand why it should be atleast vaguely funny, but in practice on the other hand it’s just plain annoying. There have been several occasions when I was sitting in my local library, and a bunch of flee ridden feral children come running in and start screaming bogies, and I can tell you absolutely no one laughs, at the dirty little mites, so I know from personal experience that its not at all funny. Interestingly on the most recent occasion of this happening I did actually laugh, but not at what the kids were doing but at the fact that when they screamed bogies someone shouted out “someone give them a tissue!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»