Monday, January 15, 2007

Curb my agreement?

I have for quite some time found myself in agreement with Larry David’s character on Curb Your Enthusiasm and I just have some questions;
is this normal?
Is there something wrong with me?
Should I be worried?
I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m often excruciated by his behaviour and find myself at a loss to understand the reasoning behind it [particularly when he makes up horrible lies rather than be honest] having said that, I more often than not have the same reaction to other characters in the show. In any case I think a great number of the things that he does are perfectly reasonable and I get the feeling that most people would act in the same way were it not for the taboos of social convention.
Is this nothing more than a monstrous act of solipsism?
Am I simply trying to justify my agreement with this strange character by suggesting that really 'you all think the same as me and you’re just to scared to say it'?
Racists use this sort of justification all the time, and I can assure you that I’m no racist.
Having said that this sort of solipsism is actually quite common, one sees it all that time, and its actually quite disturbing when you think of how many people must be using it to justify totally abhorrent behaviour and how many of them would not have allowed themselves to do this were it not for that justification.
This has gone rather off topic but then I can’t think of anything else to say on the topic, I do however find that writing this has been rather therapeutic, I find my fears and worries subsiding, besides I’m sure you're all thinking the same thing anyway.

2 comments:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Need a link to what you're talking about... sounds interesting.

kind regards,
katie renee

Phillip R Goodman said...

you haven't seen 'curb you're enthusiasm' oh dude you gotta its the best thing ever its better than sliced bread cos you can slice you'r own but you can't slice this or play dice with its enthusiasm, you just know somethings going to happen.