Wednesday, May 02, 2007

another blog? yes another blog, why shouldn't i, you have 5 yourself you know? well allright no need to get snippy, i'm just saying.

I’m thinking of starting another blog, bringing the total to four, five if you include my one totally inactive, or rather, unused blog, blog from the bog. It’ll be totally dedicated to the lyrics that I’ve written over the years. I’ve put off doing something like this for sometime now, basically because I’ve always been worried about bands taking them and using them without my permission, I don’t really have a lot of knowledge of copyright law so this is justified to a certain degree. However I recently learned that in America, where blogspot, or blogger if you will, is based, you get automatic copyright, or ownership rights, or something like that on anything that you write so those fears have been dispelled, somewhat at least, I still don’t know much about copyright law, let alone international copyright law. This of course, leaves just this one nagging doubt, putting my lyrics out as poetry, written word without music, wouldn’t that be an admission of defeat, like me saying to you, “yeh I know I’m never going to form that band, you where right all along, I admit it damn you.” But increasingly I’m starting to think that if I put myself forward more as a musician and lyricist then maybe it’ll put that problem to rest. For the last few years I’ve plowed on with my own music without that aid of band mates maybe its time I did the same thing with my lyrics.

No comments: