Thursday, February 16, 2006

If I were king.

Lets wake up and smell the burning oil fields here, the Iraqis have their own government, they have their own police force, and I believe they have their own army now, the democratic process is moving full steam ahead over there, so why the hell are we still in Iraq, I’m not saying that they don’t still have problems over there but at some point we have to leave them alone to deal with those problems themselves. If I was suddenly by some miracle swept into office tomorrow here’s what I’d do firstly I’d start a gradual pull out that would allow our troops to be back home by the end of the year. Secondly while we’re still there, I’d make it so, instead of using our troops to police the streets, I’d concentrate our efforts, purely on training the Iraqis, this would be done in small heavily fortified military bases so as to make sure no one intervenes in the training process. All of this would be done unilaterally, certainly the world would be informed of the situation and we would of course try to convince those involved to do the same just as they would try to convince us not to go through with it probably both of these aims would fail.

More to come in my campaign for world leadership.

No comments: