Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Brady Bunch.


The interesting thing about this show is that the six children featured in it were not of the marriage between their parents this was obviously done so that there would be no question of sex between the two elder Bradys, however this does of course bring up the thorny issue of divorce this was dealt with by simply ignoring it, no previous marriages were acknowledged by the show no problems of logic were acknowledged either. People would I imagine answer this by saying that it was the seventies and it was a more innocent time, but for a start I’d like to say that the seventies were not innocent by any stretch of the imagination it was a very violent decade, the cold war was still very much on, freezing the minds of millions across the globe, there were wars and the threat of wars, there was genocide I mean Khmer Rouge anyone?, and secondly how much more difficult is it for a little boy’s or girl’s parents to explain to them about the birds and the bees if they’ve just watched a show where children seem to exist without the aid of conception I mean what is up with that?
Yeah I guess this is only about thirty years too late, but then I wasn’t around then and that doesn’t stop me from thinking about it and maybe even caring, and after all TV shows are re-run.

1 comment:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

I watched a documentary about the Brady Bunch show.... and the two older actor kids did do some goofing off together.

I think the storyline at least Mr. Brady is his spouse died. I'm not sure if they used that storyline for Mrs. Brady.

What I used to do is watch the teaser, predict the rest of the plot and check the ending to see if I was right. I usually was...

So I stopped watching...except for the Hawaii and Western two-parters.
Just really the dumbest sitcom ever. The parody movie about them was pretty funny... "Oh Marsha... Marsha... Marsha."

In the Seventies, I preferred cop shows like Starsky & Hutch and Baretta.

Thanks for sharing. ^..^