Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A map of hell as taken from Dante’s inferno.



ANTE – HELL
NEUTRALS
The River Acheron
1] LIMBO
2] THE LUSTFUL
3] THE GLUTTONOUS
4] AVARICIOUS AND PRODIGAL
5] THE WRATHFUL AND SULLEN
The River Styx
THE Wall of dis
6] HERETICS
The River Phlegephon
7] THE VIOLENT
Against their neighbours: Tyrants and Murderers
Against themselves [suicides] and
Against their possessions [squanderers]
Against god
Blasphemers, Sodomites, Usurers.
8] FRAUD
Panders and seducers.
Simonists.
Diviners, Astrologers, and Magicians.
Barrators.
Hypocrites.
Thieves.
Fraudulent counsellors.
Sowers of scandal and schism.
Falsifiers of
Metals, Persons, Coins, Words.
9] TREACHERY
Caina
Traitors to kin
Antenora
Traitors to Homeland or Party
Ftolemia
Traitors to Guest
Judecca
Traitors to Benefactors
The Pit of Cocytus


LUCIFER


Explanation.


Ante – Hell is I believe the entrance to that place, neutrals is presumably what it says on the tin i.e. a neutral place where no one is punished. The river Acheron gave name to a rather good satanic death metal band of the same name while Styx gave name to a nineteen seventies pomp rock band off which I have no opinion both the Phlegethon and Cocytus have failed to give their names any bands of any sort but they should have. Limbo is a place where unbaptised souls are meant to go and are free from physical pain but completely disconnected from the presence of god. Avarice is a form of greed prodigal seems to mean someone who runs away from his or her familiar responsibilities. Usury on the other hand is loaning someone money and then having them pay it back with interest. Usury was considered by the Jews in biblical times to be a major sin and this why I suspect many Christian countries passed laws that only allowed Jews to do certain types of work one of which being banking. A pander is basically a pimp and a seducer a prostitute. A simonist is someone who attempts to buy favour in heaven, taken from the story of Simon Magus the first magician who according to legend attempted to buy his way into Jesus’ good favour. Lastly, a barrator is someone who attempts to cause confusion hatred and or other such things.


Life.


Being in possession of an unbaptised soul I’ve got my foot in the door of limbo and seeing as I’m not asexual I’ve certainly felt lust and even acted on it. I’ve been plenty gluttonous in my time and I’ve got the beer gut to prove it I’ve also been plenty avaricious in my time in fact the two sort of go hand in hand. As for prodigal, I don’t really have any familiar responsibilities to run away from but then being prodigal is more than that. The word prodigy is taken directly from that and prodigy means a young genius. Really and truly being prodigal is more about being greedy for a better life one that would perhaps take you away from you’re family. We all want a better life. I’ve been wrathful and sullen much of my life and one of things I direct my wrath onto is religion so I suppose that puts me into the city of dis in the sixth circle with the other heretics. I’ve squandered my possessions and blasphemed god so that puts me in the seventh circle. I’ve been practising occultism for the last few years, I shop lifted for much of my youth, and I always used to do this thing were I would go to one of those twenty pence machines where you put the money into the slot and then turn this key around which checks the money and then lets the thing you’ve brought drop out and the thing is if it’s the right shape and right weight then it doesn’t matter what you put in there. So what I used to do was get a penny and wrap it up in a piece of paper so that it had the same shape as a twenty pence piece and that would work, of course that would be considered to be falsification of coins so all that stuff puts me in the eighth circle Based on that where are you or rather where will you be I mean if you believe in this sort of thing that is?

4 comments:

Gyrobo said...

Hee hee! Being a robot, I have a natural workaround to this problem.

I will merely erase may hard drive moments before impending doom, preventing the afterlife from feasting on me! Foolproof!

Phillip R Goodman said...

Last minute absolution?
tell me you're sins.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Boeing gaboing boing boing boing.... ball fall downstehrz.

Katie

Phillip R Goodman said...

yes quite possibly.