Tuesday, March 28, 2006

it seems to me from my experiance that the best way to get people to come to you're blog is to really annoy someone or insult them and they end up talking about you and thus people are interested enough by that to come by. the experiance i base this on is the time when salbert became annoyed at the fact that i have advertising on my site and perhaps more so by the fact that i was going to many blogs and making a comment and then saying and i quote "oh and check out my blog at www.thereplacementblog.blogspot.com" he was so annoyed by this infact that he dedicated an entire post to me and thus my blog counter went up by 60 on that day whatsmore it seems to have had an good loung term effect as i often get ther counter going up by 40 + on any given day, however it is entirely possible this would have happened anyway it is even possible that my actions caused it to be less than it could have been however i doubt it, I tend to stand by the idea that any publicity is good publicity.

5 comments:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

First thing--thanks for this comment: "when people go to a comedy club they expect to laugh and they're going to laugh regardless of wether they get the joke or not especially if everyone else is laughing. Of course laughter's good for you so thats fine. Of course they like to heckle the comedians just as much and that probably isn't as good for you, but i always say if you can laugh at other's misfortunes then you're set for life. Oh and happy birthday."

Actually I don't mind heckling... I think hecklers are funny. It's just that I'm a bit uncomfortable doing a comedy routine in my hometown--my mother might call in the middle of the act (lol).

Seriously... I've got some legal issues to contend with. I'd rather be in a town that doesn't know me and won't make the connection between my stage persona and the legal stuff. (I still might try to find someplace in town doing open mike night, just to get my feet wet. As long as I don't know anyone in the audience.)

When I move, I plan on making some appearances, though.

Second thing: "...he was so annoyed by this that he dedicated an entire post to me and thus my blog counter went up by 60 on that day whatsmore it seems to have had an good loung term effect as i often get ther counter going up by 40 + on any given day"

That's funny that he dedicated an entire bloggie to you...By the way, how do you see this counter thingy?? I can see how many times my profile has been seen, but not the daily counter. How do I do that?

Thanks.
-Reni.

Gyrobo said...

It brings up Machiavelli again. Being loved or feared will bring you visitors. Therefore, the old conventions don't apply.

Phillip R Goodman said...

the old conventions never really did.

Phillip R Goodman said...

da katz and reni: go to www.rapidcounter.com or indeed click on my web counter and you can sign up for a free one, allso thanks for the thanks for this comment i posted it about a million years ago but its nice to be apreciated.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

I just found that comment recently... I got my settings fixed now so I get informed when comments get posted. Don't know how it got unset...

Anywayz... thanks for the info on counters!!

=^..^=