Saturday, May 27, 2006

Album review1

Rob Zombie - The sinister Urge

[Yeh I know only about four years late but better late than never and why should an album only ever be reviewed when its released and never again anyway? (if you actually have an answer for that by all means.............)]

I haven't listened to much of his stuff before but I've heard enough to have had some [in retrospect quite silly] preceptions about what the album would be like and thus when I actual started listening I was quite surprised [eventually pleasantly so] I thought that it would have a sort of thicker perhaps angrier feel to it and be somehow more focused, I was I think thinking of something somehow akin to nu-metal but instead what I got was this wonderful phantasmagoric mixture of glam rock, alt-metal, industrial, hip hop, phycedelia, horror movie soundtracks, classical, and strangely enough a real and quite unexpected pop sensibility.
If that description alone doesn't get you interested in this, then the album also has more guest slots than you can shake an arc welder at.

Extra drum work done by among others, Josh Freese [the vandals, A Perfect Circle] and Tommy Lee [Motley Crue] Danny Lohner [Nine Inch Nails]
Extra guitars Kerry King [Slayer]
guest vocals Ozzy Osbourne [ oh a little known Heavy Metal bad called Black Sabbath]

I'm now going home to watch the Rob Zombie written/ directed movie 'House of a Thousand Corpses' possibly followed by its sequel 'The Devils Rejects'.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»